According to a recently released study from the Retail Council of Canada, CF Chinook Centre comes out on top as Calgary’s most profitable mall.
It’s kind of a given, being the largest mall in the city – at a total 1.2 million square feet – but it’s also worth mention that Chinook Centre falls seventh in all of Canada for profitability.
- Canada to witness Super Blood Wolf Moon Total Lunar Eclipse this weekend
- 12 stunning photos of the new Brookfield Residential YMCA at Seton (PHOTOS)
- These are the 30 most profitable malls in Canada
The stats are weighed by finding the total sales per square foot of each mall.
Chinook Centre comes in at $1,081 per square foot, so a little multiplying will find you the total number of what was spent at Chinook Centre this past year: A whopping $1,312,022,672 spent in 2018.
Looking at Canada as a whole, however, is a different story entirely.
Yorkdale Shopping Centre, the number one most profitable mall in the country, sees an astounding $1,905 in sales per square foot — nearly twice as much as Calgary’s most profitable mall.
And if you’re wondering where West Edmonton Mall falls into all of this, you may be surprised to find that Canada’s biggest mall isn’t even in the top ten for most profitable, finding itself at #30 with $767 per square foot.
Top 10 malls in Canada with highest sales per square foot:
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre, Toronto
- CF Pacific Centre, Vancouver
- Oakridge Shopping Centre, Vancouver
- CF Toronto Eaton Centre, Toronto
- Southgate Centre, Edmonton
- Square One Shopping Centre, Mississauga
- CF Chinook Centre, Calgary
- CF Richmond Centre, Richmond
- Metropolis at Metrotown, Burnaby
- CF Rideau Centre, Ottawa