Looking to invest your money, but not sure how? The Be the Dragon Tour from SeedUps Canada is here to help.
Thanks to new legislation, companies can now look for investors in a broader spectrum than ever before, including online with companies like SeedUps. The purpose of the Be the Dragon Tour, is to connect businesses and companies with this new generation of private investors, and educate them on how they can get involved.
There will be financial planners on site, along with experts on investment banking and capital management to help you figure out the best way to apply your wealth. Take part in pitch meetings from some of the most exciting companies in the country, and find out how you can get involved in the services and organizations you support.
Registration for the event is totally free
Be the Dragon Calgary schedule
- 2 p.m. – Registration
- 2:15 p.m. – Welcome – Megan Zimmerman, Calgary Economic Development
- 2:30 p.m. – How SeedUps works – Who can invest and how?
- 3 p.m. – Investing in private companies – What you need to know
- 3:30 p.m. – Angels and investment bankers – How we work with you
- 4 p.m. – Pitch presentations
- 5 p.m. – Networking Wine & Cheese
When: Wednesday, February 17
Time: 2 to 5 p.m.
Where: Calgary Economic Development, Terrace View Room – 731 1 Street Southeast, Calgary