Beakerhead, Calgary’s annual smash up of art, science, and engineering, has released its 2017 lineup. From pop-up engineered art galleries to flame-spitting public displays, it’s a five day festival for everyone.
Over 130,000 took part in Beakerhead last year. This year over 60 events and programs will be accessible for Calgarians with events taking place all over town.
Beakerhead 2017 events include:
- Snakes and Ladders: An interactive experience that encourages exploration of the city (and human ingenuity) through delightfully engineered public art installations.
- Workshops and talks: explore the science of scent, play with your food, immerse yourself in the laboratory of life!
- Four to Six: A street party on Stephen Avenue where science gets social.
- Ticketed events: Command to be entertained by world famous (and soon-to-be-famous) inventors, scientists, performers (and maybe even an animal or two!)
- Ingenuity challenges: In that past, Beakerhead has pit catapult teams against each other – this year expect a new high-reaching competition!
- Community programs: Beakerhead becomes a stage for over 100 collaborating organizations, both large and small, to show off their discoveries and creativity through events and programs of their own. Learn how you can take part, too!
- School tours, talks, and challenges: Beakerhead engages 25,000 students each year
More information and schedule of events is available online.
Where: All over Calgary
When: Wednesday, September 13, through Sunday, September 17