If you want to give back to your community this holiday season, you’ve got more ways than ever.
The Jacket Drive was started by realtor Mathew Said Morley, who personally collected new and used jackets as a way of giving back to his community. Five years later, The Jacket Drive has grown to include 17 drop-off locations, and a whole lot of community support.
“It’s super exciting,” Morley told Calgary Buzz. “Last year we only had four drop locations, as well as myself collecting them personally, and this year we have 17… It’s really grown even just over a four year period.”
Morley says the drive came from seeing a need in the community, and that it’s important for people to give back in any way they can.
“I feel fortunate and blessed to be involved in a variety of different outreach groups and an amazing industry, and I think the best way to show how appreciative you are for a great life as well as being part of such an amazing city is to give back,” he says.
For more information, visit the Jacket Drive landing page on the Mathew Said Morley website.
Jacket Drive drop-off locations:
- RE/MAX FIRST – 115 8820 Blackfoot Trail South East
- About Staffing – 215 12 Avenue South East
- On the Money Home Inspection Services – 33 Auburn Sound South East
- Sarina Homes – #208 3515 17th Avenue South West
- Ceilis Irish Pub 351 4th Avenue South West and 803 8th Avenue South West
- Uptown Mortgage Group – 5740 Burbank Crescent South East
- Sona Visual – 301 1615 10th Avenue South West
- Lavish Salon – 9919 Fairmont Drive South East
- Axiom Mortgage Solutions – 223 14th Street North West
- Earls Dalhousie – 605-5005 Dalhousie Drive, North West
- Earls Willow Park – 10640 Macleod Trail South
- Fiasco Gelato – #110 221 19 Street South East
- 1600 – 1600 90th Avenue South West
- 1410 – 1410 17th Avenue South West
- Roosevelt – 993 17th Avenue South West
- 722 – 722 85th Street South West
- 80th & Ivy – 27 17th Avenue South West
When: Sunday, December 20
Time: 7 p.m.
Where: Roosevelt – 993 17 Avenue South West, Calgary
Price: Cash or jacket donation