Launching early April 2017, the Alberta Government’s Residential No-Charge Energy Savings Program can save you money with no cost of your own.
The government program will provide no-charge installation of energy efficient products in Albertans’ houses, apartments and condos.
How does it work?
Simple enough, all you need to go is register online and then schedule your installation by phone.
- Fill out the form to register.
- You’ll receive a call to schedule your installation, and a second call from the installer the day prior to their visit.
- An installer will visit your home, and conduct a walkthrough to identify potential opportunities for energy-efficient upgrades at no charge.
- The installer will upgrade your home to energy-efficient products, and show you how to use them. Most installations don’t take longer than an hour.
- You’ll save money and conserve energy—immediately. And the products are yours to keep at no charge!
All Alberta households are eligible to participate regardless of income or housing type. Installers will remove old products and replace them with more energy-efficient products, such as LED lightbulbs, LED nightlights, faucet aerators, low-flow showerheads, advanced power strips for audio-visual equipment and smart thermostats.
“Programs to encourage energy efficiency significantly educate homebuyers on the importance in choosing an efficient home,” said Ryan Scott, President and CEO of Avalon Master Builder in a release. “Energy efficiency programs not only benefit home owners, but help Avalon reach and exceed 36 per cent energy usage savings every month.”
For more information and to sign up for the Residential No-Charge Energy Savings Program, click here.