Hey Wednesday, we’re happy to see you!
We’re just one day away from the long weekend. To take you there, check out these events happening in Calgary today!
- What: A Pop-Up Picnic is a lunch hour (Noon to 1pm) event hosted by Downtown Calgary in various locations around the downtown core. They’ll provide the tables, chairs, entertainment and all you have to do is bring your lunch and some friends. Each picnic will have a unique theme – this week’s being ‘Sinatra in the Park’ and will be held at a different location each week.
- Where: McDougall Centre Grounds – 455 6 Street SW
- When: Wednesday, June 29 from 12 to 1 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: Enjoy two 20 minute shows performed by Drama students from Wagonstage Children’s Theatre. Hippo Needs a Bath is performed in the green space between the Kitamba Café and the Rhino enclosure and The Dinosaur Club, No Babies Allowed! takes place in the Prehistoric Park Amphitheatre. Shows take place Wednesday through Sunday at 11:00 am and 1:30 pm
- Where: Calgary Zoo – 1300 Zoo Road NE
- When: Now until Friday, August 19
- Cost: Regular admission to the Zoo
The Faculty of Lesser-Known Arts & Sciences invites you to explore their research on smuggling. Topics include body stuffing and packing, and how a news anchor went undercover for 6 months within a community of rogue smugglers.
- Where: Royal Canadian Legion Branch 1 – 116 7th Avenue SW
- When: Wednesday, June 29 at 7 pm
- Cost: $5
- What: Theatre Calgary’s Production of Hamlet comes to Prince’s Island Park. No need to buy tickets for the show, just arrive early to grab a seat and bring a blanket with you if you’d like. The show runs on donations, so pay what you’d like when the collection hat makes it’s way through the crowd. Find showtimes online.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: Now until Sunday, August 21 (Excluding Mondays)
- Cost: Pay What You Will
- What: See the Western Major Baseball League Okotoks Dawgs for a special weekday edition. The Dawgs are playing a total of 15 games in June.
- Where: Seaman Stadium – 2111 N Railway Street, Okotoks
- Wednesday, June 29 at 7:05 pm vs Edmonton Prospects