We’re one day closer to December, which means one day closer to the holidays! From comedy to a holiday market, here are five things happening in Calgary today.
Emmy-winning actress Amy Schemer brings her stand-up comedy circuit to Calgary today. The New York native made headlines when some of her Trump-tinged material caused 200 audience members in Florida to walk out in protest.
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SW
- When: Tuesday, November 29 at 8 pm
- Tickets: Available online
Calgary’s favourite ODR is now filled, chilled, and open to the public.
- Where: Olympic Plaza – 228 8th Avenue SE
- When: Open daily from 6 am to 11 pm
With the help of a fairytale time machine, this light-hearted musical brings the old Cinderella story to modern time, with a whole lot of jokes about Calgary life.
- Where: Martha Cohen Theatre – 215 8th Avenue SE
- When: Now until December 31
Get your holiday shopping done right in the heart of Downtown, perfect for lunch breaks and after work. There will be unique artisans, sweet and savoury food vendors, fashion, and more.
- Where: Centennial Place – 520 3rd Avenue SW
- When: Now until December 1 from 10 am to 5 pm
Seriously, who doesn’t have a soft spot for George Bailey and his hilarious and meaningful holiday adventure? Experience this heartfelt holiday classic as it comes to life in a live 1940’s radio style broadcast on the Lunchbox Theatre stage. Remember, “when you hear a bell that means an angel just got his wings!”
- Where: Lunchbox Theatre – 160 115 9 Avenue SE
- When: Now until December 21
- Cost: Adult $25, Senior $20, Student $20