Here’s the good news: you survived Monday. The bad news? It’s only Tuesday. Not to fret, there are still plenty of things happening around Calgary.
Here are five things happening around town today, Tuesday, June 7. For more things to do, check out our events calendar.
- What: Fresh produce and local vendors right outside your office. Every second Tuesday of the month, over 40 vendors will setup shop for the farmers market coming to Stephen Avenue in downtown Calgary.
- Where: On 8th Avenue between 1st Street SE and 1st Street SW
- When: June 7 from 10 am to 3 pm
- What: Started in 2013, Negroni Week has expanded in participation over the years, and in 2015 raised $321,000, nearly tripling the amount raised the previous year.
- Where: Participating venues
- When: Monday, June 6 to Sunday, June 12
- What: Offering 11 days and nights of comedy and 70 performers, FunnyFest does it all from high-brow to low-brow and everything in between. Each show runs one-and-a-half to two hours long with a minimum of six performers per show.
- Where: Various locations. Click here for more.
- When: Now until Sunday, June 12, 2016
- Cost: Varies – Free to $25
- What: During Calgary’s city-wide Senior’s Week, June 6 to 12, people 65+ will receive $10 off the purchase of a Senior’s Annual Glenbow Membership (applies to renewals, too!) and free admission today.
- Where: Glenbow Museum – 130 9th Avenue SE
- When: Tuesday, June 7
- Cost: Free for seniors
- What: Cheap movie day makes tuesdays the perfect day to catch a flick without spending your weeks worth of lunch money. New movies to see this week are: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Alice Through The Looking Glass and Into The Forest to name a few.
- Where: All Cineplex theatre location
- When: Tuesdays
- Cost: $6.99 + gst (regular ticket)