Yes, the Greatest Outdoor Show in the world is finally here, but for some of us, we’d rather check other events out.
So if you want to ditch the plaid and just go about life as it were a week ago, here are a few things to do today.
Nathaniel Schmidt will be performing a free noon hour show for those wandering around the city’s downtown core during lunch.
- Where: Woodlands Piano – 332 6th Avenue SW
- When: Tuesday, July 12 from 12 to 1 pm
- Cost: Free
Hosted by Kai Green, brand ambassador for Jack Daniel’s, guests will sample and explore a variety of Jack Daniel’s whisky including: Jack Daniel’s Black Label, Gentlemen Jack, Single Barrel Jack, Sinatra Select, Tennessee Fire and Tennessee Honey. Tickets won’t be sold at the door, click here to purchase yours.
- Where: Liquor Depot Mount Royal – 1140 17th Avenue SW
- When: Tuesday, July 12 from 6 to 8 pm
- Cost: $15
Theatre Calgary’s Production of Hamlet comes to Prince’s Island Park. No need to buy tickets for the show, just arrive early to grab a seat and bring a blanket with you if you’d like. The show runs on donations, so pay what you’d like when the collection hat makes it’s way through the crowd. Find showtimes online.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: Now until Sunday, August 21 (Excluding Mondays)
- Cost: Pay What You Will
See the Western Major Baseball League Okotoks Dawgs for a special weekday edition.
- Where: Seaman Stadium – 2111 N Railway Street, Okotoks
- Tuesday, July 12 at 7:05 pm vs Lethbridge Bulls
Because who buys full price tickets anymore? Save those scene points and get in on Cineplex’s Tuesday deal.
- Where: All Cineplex movie theatres
- When: Tuesday, July 12
- Cost: $8.25 and up for 3D (Tuesday General Prices)