Here are five things to do in Calgary today: Thursday, June 9. For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Get hands-on with food science and discover that the kitchen and the lab are not as different as they seem. Enjoy free reign in the galleries, a fully licensed bar, and tunes all night long.
- Where: TELUS Spark – 220 St Georges Drive NE
- When: Thursday, June 9 from 6 to 10 pm
- Cost: $19.95
- What: The Outdoor Center is offering a free info session to help promote and educate people about river safety. Learn about the gear, river hazards, and the best put-in and take-out points in and around the city.
- Where: Calgary Outdoor Centre: University of Calgary – Kinesiology B180, 2500 University Drive NW
- When: Thursday, June 9 from 7 to 8:30 pm
- What: Dancers at Calgary’s new DJD (Decidedly Jazz Danceworks) Dance Centre are celebrating its grand opening with a new live music and dance production. The new show will showcase the whole DJD company of dancers and feature a score by New York jazz great William Parker, as well as a five-piece band led by Parker himself.
- Where: DJD Dance Centre – 111 12th Avenue SE
- When: Now until Sunday, June 12, evening performances at 8 pm,
Sunday matinees at 2 pm
- Cost: Tickets available at online or call 403-245-3533, starting at $29
- What: Full of fresh food and free entertainment as well as many different vendors to visit this little market is the perfect spot to visit during the spring.
- Where: 510 77 Avenue SE
- When: Thursday to Sunday 9 am to 5 pm
- What: Witness the best show jumping athletes and horses from around the World. Enjoy shopping, pony rides, face painting, wagon rides and much more!
- Where: 18011 Spruce Meadows Way SW
- When: June 8 to 12
- Cost: Varies