Happy last day of June!
It’s been an incredible month of events in the city, and the summer is just getting started. Heat up July by ending June with a bang, and get your long weekend started today!
Here’s what going on around the city today:
- What: Because who doesn’t want a Hawaiian BBQ night. The $25 ticket will get a Hawaiian themed kabob dinner and a Hawaiian cocktail. Live music starts at 5 pm and you’ll have a chance to win PBR wakeboard and a set of King Cobra golf clubs.
- Where: Celies 8th Avenue – 803 8th Avenue SW
- When: Thursday, June 30
- Cost: $25
- What: Visit Bridgeland Riverside Farmers’ Market every Thursday during the summer! Enjoy eating at local vendor stations, dance to live music and shop until you drop. For the kiddos, there are free activities set up.
- Where: Bridgeland Riverside Farmers’ Market – 917 Centre Avenue NE
- When: Thursday, June 30 from 3:30 to 7:30 pm
- What: Theatre Calgary’s Production of Hamlet comes to Prince’s Island Park. No need to buy tickets for the show, just arrive early to grab a seat and bring a blanket with you if you’d like. The show runs on donations, so pay what you’d like when the collection hat makes it’s way through the crowd. Find showtimes online.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: Now until Sunday, August 21 (Excluding Mondays)
- Cost: Pay What You Will
- What: Recording artists and power trio, Mitchell Brady, Keone Friesen, and Isaiah Stonehouse are “The Static Shift”. Their electrifyingly live performance is a collaboration of free flowing precision, old school vibe, and high energy blues / rock
- Where: The Blues Can – 1429 9th Avenue SE
- When: Thursday, June 30 at 8 pm
- Cost: No cover
- What: A night of great music with live performances from Alright Gents, The Northen Coast and more. The Calgary Multicultural Orchestra offers free after school music lessons to children ages 6 -17. Children learn a musical instrument, play in an orchestra, and perform in community concerts and recitals throughout the year.
- Where: Broken City – 613 11th Avenue SW
- When: Thursday, June 30 from 9pm to 2 am
- Cost: $8 (or more as a suggested donation)