Is it just us or has this month flown right by? We’re already halfway through March, but, more importantly, one day away from the weekend!
Make this Thursday fly by just as fast by heading out to a great event somewhere out in Calgary – there’s always plenty to choose from.
Here’s our list to get you started:
- 14 best coffee shops in Calgary for studying and working
- Environment Canada warns of snow, freezing rain to hit Calgary
- Strong chance Northern Lights will be visible over Canada this weekend
- What: Calling all rock lovers! Come discover the beauty of the underworld made beneath our soil! Here you can find everything from Jewelry Designers, palentologists ready to teach you some fun rock facts (unfortunately, it’s not Ross Geller), items to spice up your home, and so much more. Your next treasure hunt awaits!
- When: March 15 to 18
- Thursday to Sunday: 10 am to 8 pm
- Sunday: 10 am to 5 pm
- Where: Spruce Meadows
- Admission: FREE
- What: Starring one of Calgary’s most renowned actors, Stephen Hair, this productions brings a a Shakespeare classic to life! With life hanging by a thread, watch how an aging king resolves to divide his kingdom between his daughters and, in return, reveals the core to his own humanity.
- When: March 15 to 31
- Time: 7 pm
- Where: 115 9th Avenue SE
- Tickets: Online, $35
- What: Calgary’s newest bakery on the block is now open and serving buttery croissants like it’s their day job – surprise, it actually is their day job! Located in the historical Devenish Building, these guys are serving up small batch pastries, from pretzels to scones. Prepare for a carb overload that is truly delicious and not regrettable in the slightest. Pop by for a visit and #treatyourself!
- When: Now Open!
- Where: Suite 111, 908 17th Avenue SW
- What: This captivating show beautifully tells the story of the unlikely romance between a beekeeper and a physicist, and was a hit on Broadway. Check it our right here in Calgary!
- When: February 27 to March 17
- Time: 7:30 pm
- Where: Arts Commons – 205 8th Avenue SE
- Tickets: Online, $25 to $75
- What: Are you a coffee or a tea person? Regardless of your personal preference, these warm and cozy beverages play an important role in both our social and individual lives. This art exhibit will examine these various routines, rituals, and relationships centred around coffee and tea, while showcasing beautiful ceramics made by five Alberta-based artists.
- When: January 20 to March 17
- Monday to Saturday: 10 am to 5 pm
- Thursday: 10 am to 6 pm
- Where: cSPACE King Edward – 1721 29th Avenue SW