The Global Marijuana March is scheduled to begin at noon on Saturday, May 5. Participants in the pot protest will be gathering at Queen’s Park North and will form up on Queen’s Park Crescent, south of Bloor Street West, at 1:30 pm alongside 10 trucks, cars, floats and bicycles.
At 2 p.m., the march will proceed along the following route, with dispersal between St. Joseph Street and Charles Street:
- Northbound: Queen’s Park Crescent (northbound lanes)
- Eastbound: Bloor Street West (full roadway)
- Southbound: Yonge Street (full roadway)
- Westbound: Wellesley Street West (full roadway)
- Northbound: Queen’s Park Crescent East (full roadway)
The Toronto Police Service is advising motorists to consider alternate methods of transportation, as delays are expected.
There will be TTC service adjustments for the 94 Wellesley bus and 5 Avenue Road bus
- Toronto's massive 420 celebration moving to Nathan Phillips Square this year
- Senate committee asks for cannabis legalization to be delayed by one year