Daily Hive is the premier Canadian digital media publication for millennials. We are laser focused in delivering quality hyperlocal content to serve more than 3.5 million visitors per month. We are seeking ambitious go-getters fascinated by media who want to work in a fun, fast-paced environment with an energetic team.
Daily Hive has an opportunity for a creative and ambitious individual to join our Content Department as a Producer/Videographer/Editor. Reporting to our Head of Video, you will be a key player in the production of our network’s video content.
This is a full-time role based in our Toronto office.
- Produce videos quickly (including same-day edits), experiment with lots of different formats, and be able to analyze the results of their work.
- Work with the Editorial team to make videos to complement their coverage.
- Ability to produce storyboards and write scripts, headline, captions, and short articles for videos.
- Facilitate fact-checking, research, proofread, and implement appropriate edits for ongoing projects.
- Develop video assets including editing of existing videos, graphic overlays to stock video, and custom videos.
- Demonstrate strong and fluent editorial techniques through proper timing, pacing, organization, sound design, and asset management within a timeline to create a coherent and effective end product.
- Work with a busy team with the focus of sourcing, editing, and packaging video content to the highest standard.
- Work flexible hours including nights and weekends as needed.
- Bring new ideas and concepts to brainstorms on a regular basis.
- Lightning fast on Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premiere and After Effects, all workflows being second nature, preferably with motion graphics experience.
- A degree in video production/broadcasting/editing is a plus but is not required. Past experience will be a strong contributing factor.
- A strong understanding of web/social video.
- Familiarity with HD cameras, field production, lighting, and audio.
- A passion for editing and producing high-quality videos.
- Self-starter who can move quickly to get the job done, even without explicit requirements and direction.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate with team-members.
- Travel as necessary.
Benefits of working with us
- Flexible work environment and vacation time.
- Strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company.
- Be part of a crazy, hard-working team that feels more like family than co-workers.
- Office is conveniently located in Downtown Toronto near transit hubs.
- Opportunity to enrol in the company’s benefit plan following the 3 month probationary period.
Interested? APPLY HERE. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted January 7, 2019