Work with us
Role: Social Media Coordinator
Location: Toronto (currently operating remotely due to COVID-19)
Who you are
You are a socially savvy individual who loves all things digital and if asked what your favourite social platform was, you wouldn't be able to answer, because you love all of them. (jk, you can have a favourite). You're an organized individual who is able to oversee multiple social accounts at once and switch tasks quickly when needed. You have a strong attention to detail and are usually the first one to spot mistakes. In addition to this, you're great at writing captions and have a good eye for curating beautiful feeds.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for maintaining and managing several social media accounts while ensuring brand consistency and voice
- Staying engaged with followers on social media, including responding to all relevant messages and comments on all platforms
- Grow Daily Hive’s social media platforms by sourcing, curating, editing and posting engaging content
- Develop and maintain a social media content calendar, ensuring that content is scheduled within the minimum amount of advanced time required
- Ensure appropriate analytics are tracked and reported on for all social campaigns and posts
- Actively participate in the creation of all social content marketing plans to increase both the volume of followers through social media channels as well as the engagement level of such followers (Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, Twitter, LinkedIn Pinterest and YouTube)
- Stay up to date on new trends in social media and provide ongoing recommendations for new social initiatives and tactics to deliver on social media strategic objectives and goals
- Identify new marketing opportunities and successfully implement them end to end
- Work with all departments to achieve successful execution and implementation of all digital media solutions
- Shoot and edit quick consumption videos optimized for social media
- Be comfortable appearing in and hosting videos as needed
- Be a team player and have fun!
- Able to work weekends and evenings, as needed
What you have
- You are highly proficient with the latest version of Instagram, and Twitter (required)
- You have experience with TikTok, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube (preferred)
- Previous education and/or coursework in communications or marketing (preferred)
- You have experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop and Premiere Pro (preferred)
- You have previous experience working in a similar position (preferred)
- You have excellent writing skills
- You have a hyperactive eye for detail
- You are extremely savvy for everything and all things social
- You have excellent planning, organization, and time management skills
- You are a self-motivated, team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- You are up-to-date on the newest tools and changes to platforms
Benefits of working with us
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits starting after three months.
- Flexible work environment and vacation time.
- Strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company.
- Be part of a relaxed (but hard-working) team that feels more like family than co-workers.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted. **Please submit resumes as PDFs**
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, inclusivity and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.