Work with us
Hive Labs, Daily Hive’s branded content studio, is actively seeking a Managing Editor, Branded Content. This person will be based in Toronto or Vancouver and is responsible for overseeing the creation of branded content that meets and exceeds client goals in a fast-paced startup-like environment. The position reports to the Director of Client Services for Hive Labs.
Role: Managing Editor, Branded Content
Department: Hive Labs
Manager: Director of Client Services
Location: Toronto or Vancouver
Who you are
As our Managing Editor, Branded Content, you’re a seasoned pro at solving the puzzle of making branded content that advertisers and our Daily Hive audience will love. You’re also a non-stop generator of ideas who can spot a spelling or grammatical error from a mile away. You have experience assigning stories and revisions to writers in a fast-paced environment. A born leader, you’ll be guiding, teaching, and mentoring our freelance and in-house writers to write on a variety of topics in the Daily Hive brand voice.
Experience in creating branded content is mandatory. You’re a honed storyteller who has worked with advertisers and can brainstorm new campaign ideas on the spot. You’ve worked on new business pitches. You have a passion for writing and editing, experience doing engaging interviews, a high attention to detail and, most importantly, a fun personality!
What you’ll do
- Serve as lead editorial creative on campaigns in a fast-paced, newsroom-like environment
- Lead pre-sale ideation in response to client campaign proposal requests, along with all aspects of post-sale execution
- Translate client briefs into compelling branded content that speaks to Daily Hive’s audience in our brand voice
- Ensure integrity and quality control on all branded content copy by editing and fact-checking
- Work alongside Project Managers, Social Team, and Video Team, as well as the Editorial team, to execute branded content campaigns that address our partners’ business goals while remaining authentic to the Daily Hive brand
- Manage freelance writers, as needed: assigning, communicating client objectives and feedback with them, updating them on moving deadlines and invoicing
- Keep multiple, concurrent campaigns on deadline
- Monitor performance goals, focus on achieving them, and use key learnings to improve on every campaign
- Mentor the writing team to further their growth as skilled editors, reporters, and brand ambassadors for Daily Hive
- Assist with the development of thought-leadership pieces related to branded content and storytelling
- Stay updated on industry trends and adjust the content strategy as needed
- Manage the creation of style guides and editorial guidelines and procedures
- Work in our CMS platform
What you have
- Bachelor in Journalism, Communication or Marketing, or equivalent experience
- 5 years experience in creating branded content that marries client advertising goals with a publication’s voice (journalism/newsroom experience is an asset)
- Management experience with direct reports
- Strong editorial judgment and meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience with WordPress
- Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to juggle different voices and tones
- An understanding of SEO and standards for publishing across digital mediums
- Eagerness to immerse yourself in native advertising, changing digital spaces and media
- Experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Asana (or similar) and the ability to learn other digital platforms quickly
- An ability to multi-task and thrive while juggling many projects at once
Benefits of working with us
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits starting after three months.
- Flexible work environment and vacation time.
- Strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company.
- Be part of a relaxed (but hard-working) team that feels more like family than co-workers.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, inclusion and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.