Work with us
Daily Hive is one of Canada’s largest digital media publications. In 2019, we made the Growth 500 list as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies at No. 38, and made Top 10 as one of the fastest growing media and marketing companies. We write everything from news to sports, food, events, development, technology, real estate, arts, fashion, and concerts.
Founded in 2008 as Vancity Buzz, Daily Hive has expanded to Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Toronto, Seattle, and Portland, and has grown to more than 80 employees.
As the leading digital publication in Vancouver, Daily Hive has also extended by acquiring a full-service digital agency, Colony Digital and operates its own influencer agency, ID Agency.
Who you are
You're a student currently enrolled in a journalism program who is looking to fulfill practicum or co-op program credits through your post secondary institution. You are a self-starter who is eager to dive into the world of online publications and to write about everything going on in your city.
Position: Editorial Intern
Manager: Vancouver City Editor
What you'll do
- Investigate and report news stories around the city, sometimes breaking.
- Produce news articles, photo roundups, lists, and features on a wide-range of topics.
- Ensure articles are written following company guidelines and are ready for your supervisor to publish.
- Conduct necessary research required to produce content, which may include - but is not limited to - conducting interviews and attending events.
- Keep up to date with news and events happening around the city.
- Accept feedback from the editorial team in order to make necessary improvements or adjustments to work.
- Increase the credibility of the company through quality, trustworthy, and ethical work.
- Unpaid intership as part of a practicum or co-op program
- Internship must be equal to or longer than 3 weeks