We all love celebrating Thanksgiving – bring on the turkey and cranberries – but some of us have still gotta shop, right?
Here’s your handy guide to what’s open and what’s not in Vancouver, this Thanksgiving Monday.
- BC Liquor Stores (some open but with reduced hours; some closed)
- Private liquor stores (regular hours)
- Safeway (open but with reduced hours)
- London Drugs (open with reduced hours)
- Shoppers Drug Mart (regular hours, except Vancouver General Hospital, Hornby Street, East Broadway, Commercial Drive, and East 10th locations, which are closed)
- Save-On-Foods (open but with reduced hours)
- Post offices operated privately may be open if the host business is open; otherwise all Canada Post offices are closed.
- Pharmasave (typically closed, check to be sure)
- Shoppers Drug Mart at Vancouver General Hospital, Hornby Street, East Broadway, Commercial Drive, and East 10th; the rest are open as normal)
- All banks are closed on Thanksgiving (even the ones usually open Sundays)
- Canada Post is closed, except privately operated post offices which will open according to the hours of the host business.
- All schools are closed for Thanksgiving.