The Vancouver Police Department has issued a statement warning the public of a high risk sex offender who will be living in Vancouver.
“The Vancouver Police Department believes that compelling circumstances exist to warn the public about a high-risk sexual offender who is now living in Vancouver,” they said.
Forty-six-year-old Michael Wayne Carpenter is currently serving a 10-year long-term supervision order, with convictions for three counts each of sexual assault with a weapon, forcible confinement, and uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm.
Carpenter poses a risk to the safety of vulnerable female children, teens, and adults. He will be living at a correctional halfway house in the city of Vancouver.
He is described as white, 5’9″ tall, weighs 180 pounds, and has brown short hair and blue eyes.
Michael Carpenter will be bound by the terms of a long-term supervision order, which includes the following conditions:
- Not to consume, purchase, or possess alcohol or drugs
- Not to own, use or possess a computer, or any technological device that would allow access to the internet
- Not to be in the presence of any female children under the age of 18, except in certain conditions
- Not to purchase, acquire, possess or access pornography or sexually explicit material
report all friendships, sexual relationships, and intimate relationships with women
- Not to go to Kamloops, BC
- Not to enter any private dwelling or places including, but not limited to hotels, motels, rooming houses, SRO residences, private residence/dwelling, or
Anyone witnessing Michael Wayne Carpenter in violation of any of these conditions is asked to call 9-1-1.