For the sixth year in a row, Victoria was named the most romanic city in Canada.
According to a new ranking from Amazon Canada, Victoria, the capital of British Columbia, is typically known as the “Garden City,” but its nickname should probably be changed to “Romance City.”
The rankings were compiled by comparing per capita sales of romance novels, romantic comedies, relationship books, jewelry and sexual wellness products in 2017.
This year, British Columbia came out on top, with Abbotsford and Courtenay coming in second and fourth, respectively.
In addition to taking the top spot, Amazon also awarded Victoria the bragging rights for being number one in the categories of relationship books, romance books and romantic comedies.
Surprisingly, cities in Quebec and Ontario barely made the list this year.
Is one of these romantic cities where you’re spending your Valentine’s Day?
1. Victoria, British Columbia
2. Abbotsford, British Columbia
3. Whitehorse, Yukon (new)
4. Courtenay, British Columbia (new)
5. Fort McMurray, Alberta (new)
6. Spruce Grove, Alberta (new)
7. North Vancouver, British Columbia
8. Sherwood Park, Alberta (new)
9. Surrey, British Columbia (new)
10. Nanaimo, British Columbia
11. Lasalle, Quebec (new)
12. Waterloo, Ontario
13. Prince George, British Columbia
14. La Prairie, Quebec (new)
15. Grand Prairie, Alberta
16. Airdrie, Alberta (new)
17. Welland, Ontario (new)
18. Vernon, British Columbia (new)
19. North Bay, Ontario
20. Dartmouth, Nova Scotia (new)