Put on your lab coats and get ready to take to the streets.
The March for Science Vancouver is taking place on Saturday, April 22, to celebrate the important role science plays in our lives.
The March is part of a global movement happening in 30 countries around the world.
Speakers at the Vancouver event include:
- Dr. Scott Sampson: Paleontologist & CEO of Science World
- Erin A’tman Ryan: Research Coordinator with the BC SPCA and proud member of the Syilx (Okanagan) Nation
- Ian Bushfield: Executive Director of BC Humanists Association
- Dr. Catherine Anderson: Clinical Associate Professor at UBC (Faculties of Dentistry and Medicine)
- Abby Schwarz: Marine biologist
- Armin Mortazavi: Science cartoonist, BSc in Microbiology and Master’s in Digital Media
The March will begin at Queen Elizabeth Plaza and end at Creekside Park near Science World.
Bring your signs and your enthusiasm for science!
When: Saturday, April 22
Time: 10 am to 2 pm
Where: The March will begin at Queen Elizabeth Plaza and end at Creekside Park near Science World (see walking map above)