In Japanese, “aburi” means flame seared – when flame hits food, it changes it’s essence, improving it while creating something new.
That’s what Aburi Restaurant Group is doing, combining Japanese and local food to create a unique restaurant culture in Vancouver. The company owns three restaurants in Vancouver, and they’re giving away gift cards to two of them.
Minami opened in Yaletown in 2012, and since then it has become known as the home of one of the best omakase sushi in the city. You can sit in an intimate hidden patio, surrounded by a beautiful garden while you eat the flavourful sushi.
Gyoza Bar has searing style with its teppenyaki style of grill cooking and a huge selection of gyozas. The bar has sake on tap, and an open kitchen so you can watch your food being cooked.
To enter to win, do at least one of the following:
1. Like Daily Hive Vancouver on Facebook. Leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
2. Follow @DailyHiveFood on Instagram. Leave a comment below telling us once you have. (5 entries)
3. Tweet the following: (1 entry)
4. Subscribe to The Weekly Buzz newsletter: (1 entry)
5. Leave a comment below telling us your favourite kind of sushi. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 11:59 pm PST on December 15, 2016. One winner will be chosen at random, contacted through the platform used to enter, and announced in a post showcasing the winners on December 16. By providing your email address and entering to win, you are agreeing to receive weekly email from Daily Hive. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
Want to enter more 12 Days of Giveaways contests? Click here.