The #BCTECH Summit is already looking to be quite the event, as over 30 speakers have been confirmed to attend the May conferences.
Speaking in the keynote spots are Jared Cohen, CEO of Jigsaw, and Brent Bushnell, CEO and co-founder of Two Bit Circus.
Cohen originally founded Google Ideas, and has since launched successor arm Jigsaw, which is a technology incubator creating and applying technological solutions to global problems.
Jared Cohen, CEO of Jigsaw (#BCTECH Summit)
“Cohen is able to look around the corner and shed light on both the next big technological innovation and how it impacts our world, our businesses, and our lives,” reads his bio.
Bushnell is an industry leader in the world of virtual, mixed, and augmented reality, as he leads the Los Angeles-based experimental entertainment company Two Bit Circus.
His company currently has micro amusement parks, robot bartenders, and interactive supper clubs in the works for VR users, along with technology that aims to enhance sports viewing.
Brent Bushnell, CEO and Co-founder of Two Bit Circus (#BCTECH Summit)
“Brent is an expert in the art of engagement, and passionate about creating new ways to capture people’s hearts and minds with new technologies,” states the Summit’s website.
The #BCTech Summit runs from May 14 to 16 this year, and will be held at the Vancouver Convention Centre. Early bird tickets can be purchased up to Thursday, February 14.
Potential attendees will also be able to get an additional $100 off their admission by using the code: DHVAN100 when registering.
#BCTECH Summit 2018 speakers
- Ajung Moon, Director, Open Roboethics Institute
- Andy Bird, Founder, The Bird’s Nest Society
- Cameron Burke, Managing Director, PwC
- Christine Bergeron, Senior VP, Member Experience and Community Engagement, Vancity
- David Katz, Founder and CEO, Plastic Bank
- Elaine Hung, VP of Marketing, Sotheby’s International Realty
- Gary Birch, Executive Director, Neil Squire Society
- Greg Caws, President, Premier’s Technology Council
- Igor Faletski, CEO, Mobify
- Jason Wolfe, Director of Energy Solutions, FortisBC
- Jay Rhind, Partner, VFF
- Jeff Duncan, CEO, Meetingmax
- Jill Tipping, President and CEO, BC Tech Association
- Jocelyn Maffin, Resource Centre Manager, Spinal Cord Injury BC
- Johanna Brickman, Director of Collaborative Innovation, Oregon BEST
- Josie Sutcliffe, VP of Marketing, Visier
- Joy Johnson, VP of Research and International, Simon Fraser University
- Julio Montaner, Director, British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
- Kate Moran, President and CEO, Victoria
- Kevin Hobbs, CEO, Vanbex Group
- MaRi Eagar, Chair and Co-Founder, DigitalFutures B.U.I.L.D
- Michael Tippett, Founder, TrueNorth
- Naitik Mehta, CEO, NextBillion.org
- Natalie Dakers, Founding PResident and CEO, Accel-RX
- Nicole Eagan, CEO, Darktrace
- Norma Biln, CEO, Augurex Life Sciences Corp
- Nyla Ahmad, SVP of Enterprise Marketing, Rogers Communication
- Paulina Cameron, Director of BC and Yukon, Futurpreneur Canada
- Peter Payne, Entrepreneur in Residence, BC Innovation Council
- Rae Paziuk, Senior User Experience Designer, Amazon Web Services
- Richard Hungerford, VP of Corporate Development, Hootsuite Inc.
- Robert Atwood, Director, Hummingbird Network
- Ryan Holmes, CEO, Hootsuite Inc.
- Scott Sampson, President and CEO, Science World British Columbia
- Suzanne Gildert, CEO, Sanctuary AI
- Valerie Song, CEO and Co-Founder, Ava Technologies
- Victoria Lemieux, Associate Professor and [email protected] Cluster Leader, University of British Columbia
- Wesley Graham, Officer, BlockChain at Berkeley
When: Monday, May 14 to Wednesday, May 16
Time: A full schedule of events can be found here
Where: Vancouver Convention Centre – 1055 Canada Place, Vancouver
Tickets: Available online, early bird price of $599 until February 14.
Take $100 off with promo code: DHVAN100