× Select City
Crime, News

Toronto Police charge accused killer Bruce McArthur with 1 new count of 1st-degree murder

Ainsley Smith Feb 23, 2018 8:47 am 375

Toronto Police have given an update on Bruce McArthur, the man responsible for the disappearance of men in the Church and Wellesley area at a press conference today.

Det.-Sgt. Hank Idsinga has confirmed that the 66-year-old Toronto landscaper is now facing one new additional count of first-degree murder in connection with the death of 40-year-old Skandaraj Navaratnam.

Navaratnam’s remains were found in one of the planters seized in connection with the case.

McArthur is now facing six counts of first-degree murder.

Det.-Sgt. Idsinga told the media that police believe that there are other victims and that more charges will be laid.

McArthur was previously charged with five counts of first-degree murder in the cases of Andrew Kinsman, 49, Selim Esen, 44, Majeed Kayhan, 58, Soroush Mahmudi, 50, and Dean Lisowick, 47.

Since McArthur’s January 18 arrest, police have been investigating multiple properties connected to the landscaper.

Police said they are still searching the seized planters and police believe there are still remains to identify.

When asked about McArthur’s cooperation in the investigation, Det.-Sgt. Idsinga would not provide a comment.

Police are asking anyone with any information that could be valuable to the investigation should come forward.

See also

Ainsley Smith
Ainsley is a Staff Writer at Daily Hive. She's a former Vancouverite turned Torontonian who is passionate about avocado toast, aesthetics, and avocado toast aesthetics. Story idea? E-mail me at [email protected]

© 2018 Buzz Connected Media Inc.