This weekly round-up spotlights new Toronto restaurants and bars plus incoming establishments that you should have on your radar.
Here are the newest places to eat in Toronto right now:
- The retail beer store is now open at Godspeed Brewery at 242 Coxwell Avenue. A restaurant and pub are still to come.
- Chula at 1058 Gerrard Street East opens today, July 6. On the menu, tacos, ceviche, and more served for brunch, lunch, dinner, and late-night snacking.
- Mr. Chu has just introduced Korean-style churros to Toronto. The weeks-old dessert maker is already attracting long lines to its stall at 15 Finch Avenue West.
- The Pint a new pub next to the Rogers Centre opens today is serving up 40 draught beers and 40 different types of wings.
- Vegan bakery and cafe, Tori’s Bakeshop is open for business in the Canary District at430 Front Street East.
- Uncle Mikey’s is now open at 597 Dundas Street West. Look forward to dishes like jajang orecchiette and bay scallops in nori beurre blanc.
- Chef Claudio Aprile has announced the opening date for Copetin. The restaurant and bar, replacing Origin at 107 King Street East, opens to the public on July 13.
- Dubai-born chain, Mandilicious is slated to open its first Canadian location at 5104-5114 Dixie Road, Unit 5104, in Mississauga. The quick service concept deals in the slow-cooked ‘Cuisine of Arabia.’
- Me Va Me is opening an express outlet on campus at York University at 95 The Pond Road, Building C-2, Unit 40.
- Midtown is about to gain a new bar and restaurant. The Pan Seared Inc. is in the works at 2038 Yonge Street, near Eglinton.
- Sweet Jesus is opening a location in The Annex. The new soft serve ice cream parlour is set to open in August at 416 Bloor Street at Howland.
- The Yellow Chilli, the world’s largest Indian restaurant chain owned by celebrity chef, Sanjeev Kapoor is opening its first Toronto location soon at Yonge and Eglinton.