Daily Hive has an opportunity for a creative and ambitious individual to join our Content Department as a full-time Content Manager at our head office in Yaletown, Vancouver. Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, you will be a key player in the day-to-day running of our network.
The Content Manager is responsible for working with the Content team (both editorial and branded) and other departments to create content for our audience to engage with and share across our platforms.
We are looking for a resourceful, imaginative, and entrepreneurial-minded individual with an ability to come up with new ideas and support current initiatives to further the growth of Daily Hive’s national publication.
You have a strong creative background. You ace brainstorming sessions by serving up lots of fresh ideas and know how to execute them. You work well under deadline and are super detail-oriented. You like taking risks and are not afraid to fail.
Ultimately, you should be able to oversee all content initiatives to ensure reader engagement, brand consistency, and a positive relationship with staff and contributors.
- Develop channel specific, on trend, on brand, and on strategy creative content that support business objectives.
- Work with the EIC to develop strategy aligned with short-term and long-term goals.
- Collaborate with social, video, and sales teams to plan and develop content.
- Liaise with editors to ensure brand consistency.
- Manage content calendar and ensure articles and series are executed.
- Oversee projects and ensure deadlines are met.
- Oversee and maintain editorial budget.
- Produce weekly/monthly reports and calculate the ROI on projects.
- Degree or diploma in marketing, communications, or relevant field.
- Minimum two years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong experience in content creation.
- Strong digital marketing experience with an ability to analyze metrics.
- Experience managing projects with the ability to creatively overcome obstacles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding and use of social media.
- Well versed in native advertising and sponsored content.
- A high level of accuracy, organization, and creativity while maintaining close attention to detail.
- Experience with the use of WordPress or similar web publishing platforms.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, photography, graphic design, and photo editing is an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Benefits of working with us
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits.
- Flexible work environment and vacation time.
- Strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company.
- Be part of a relaxed (but hard-working) team that feels more like family than coworkers.
- Office is conveniently located in Downtown Vancouver near transit hubs.
Interested? Email your resume, salary expectations, and links to any published work and social media channels to [email protected], subject line “Content Manager.”
In lieu of a cover letter, please come up with a 5-part series idea that could work in any or all of the cities we are currently in. Make it as brief or detailed as you want but be sure to include things like:
- How many staff it would require
- If any additional resources would be needed
- If any additional components would be required (like video)
- What a timeline would look like
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted on May 29, 2017