Gusts of up to 70 km/h could hit Metro Vancouver tonight according to a special weather statement from Environment Canada.
Yes, even though it looks like spring has finally decided to show its face, Mother Nature is still ready to throw a few curveballs in Vancouver’s general direction.
A strong cold front moving into the area this afternoon and this evening will bring with it strong winds, with westerly gusts battering the region before the weather front moves into the Interior.
The wind will be worst by the water, but the areas set to be affected by tonight’s wind include:
- City of Vancouver – including Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver