FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
The annual WE Day is scheduled to take over Rogers Arena on November 3, and the popular inspirational and educational youth movement has announced its line up of speakers and performers for the local date.
WE Day brings together world-renowned speakers and performers with ten of thousands of young people, and over the past eight years, has evolved into a series of 14 events held globally.
Vancouver’s WE Day line up for 2016 so far includes:
- Lilly Singh – Comedian, actress, and YouTube entertainer
- Paula Abdul – Singer and television personality
- George Takei – Actor, author and activist
- Jacob Hoggard – Hedley member and WE ambassador
- Jacob Tremblay – Actor
- Margaret Trudeau – Author and mental health advocate
- Serena Ryder – Award winning singer/songwriter
- Nico & Vinz – musical duo
- Tyler Shaw – Singer/songwriter
- Jusreign – Comedian and YouTube star
- Kardinal Offishall – Award winning artist and record executive
- Craig and Marc Kielburger – Co-founders of WE Day
Tickets to WE Day are not purchased, but distributed through the WE Schools program, which requires schools to complete one local and one global action relating to any social justice issue they choose.
Past speakers at WE Day Vancouver included Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield, singer Selena Gomez, actor Orlando Bloom, and Grammy Award-winning hip-hop artists Macklemore and Ryan Lewis.
WE Day is at Rogers Arena on November 3.