It’s good for you to get a fright every now and again.
Especially this month since Halloween creeping up on you. That’s why Vancouver Aquarium is inviting you to see the dark side of the ocean at their After Hours event on Tuesday, October 24.
When the lights go down, you’ll get to witness the nocturnal habits of more than 50,000 aquatic creatures during this adults-only spooky soirée. You can explore the Aquarium’s galleries with a beer or glass of wine in hand as you discover the eerie sea life.
Don’t forget to dress in your Halloween-best because you can participate in the first-ever After Hours costume contest. You could win prizes and bragging rights for best costume, best group costume, and best aquatic-themed costume.
When you’re done looking at the nocturnal animals, there are a lot of other things to do including:
- Learn about the dangerous animals that live in local waters during this shocking program.
- Put your aquatic knowledge to the test during the Kraken Trivia Show.
- Find out what goes chomp in the dark during the Secret Lives of Sharks program.
- Catch a screening of the exhilarating 4-D film, Coastal Predators.
- Roll up your sleeves and get hands-on with marine invertebrates like blood stars, spiny sea urchins, and more in the Wet Lab…if you’re brave enough.
Tickets to this After Hours event start at $27 and are on sale now via Vancouver Aquarium. This event is strictly 19+ and photo ID is required for entry. Membership cards will be required for member-priced ticket holders and all ticket sales are final.
But you could win two tickets for free simply by entering the contest below.
Enter for your chance to win two free tickets to Vancouver Aquarium’s Halloween After Hours event on October 24.
To enter for your chance to win two tickets to Vancouver Aquarium’s After Hours, do at least one of the following:
1. Tweet the following on Twitter: (1 entry)
- Win 2 tickets to the adults-only #AfterHoursVA at @vanaqua on October 24 via @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/cTG030fHfGO to enter!
2. Like Vancouver Aquarium on Facebook and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
3. Follow Vancouver Aquarium on Instagram and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
4. Leave a comment below telling us your favourite spooky aquatic animal. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 11:59 pm PST on October 20. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they enter by.
When: October 24, 6 to 10 pm
Where: 845 Avison Way, Stanley Park
Price: $27 for members and $35 for non-members – Tickets available online