The TWG Tea Boutique in Vancouver just announced they will be releasing a line of one-of-a-kind mooncakes to accompany the Lotus Jade Tea from the luxury tea purveyor’s Haute Couture Tea Collection created to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival.
These mooncakes will be available from September 14 to October 4, 2017, and they will be offered in both Traditional and Snowskin varieties.
- La Glace finally opens with the cutest ice cream sundaes ever
- Get lava cheesecake mousse and stuffed mini matcha waffles with pocky at this new cafe in Richmond
- Krispy Kreme is releasing its first ever chocolate glazed doughnut
- Choose from 11 different kinds of tea milkshakes at this Vancouver salon
- This Vancouver tea salon serves up a killer burger with matcha fries
The Traditional Mooncakes are available in the following flavours:
- Daydream – red crust, blueberry inflected white lotus paste, almond and blueberry purée heart infused with Red Balloon Tea.
- Cerise – golden crust, white chocolate & crunchy coconut heart with Amarena cherry, brown lotus paste infused with Pu-erh 2000.
- Sunset – golden crust, Matcha almond paste and red bean paste scattered with melon seeds.
- Constellation – golden crust a smooth and elegant Singapore Breakfast Tea infused brown lotus filling, a scattering of roasted melon seeds, and an embedded salted egg yolk heart.
The Snowskin Mooncakes are available in the following flavours:
- Moonlight – jade green snowskin, Lotus Jade Tea infused mousseline, and a white chocolate heart filled with a sweet Nashi pear marmalade.
- Blossom – orange snowskin mooncake, Geisha Blossom Tea infused mousseline, and a tangy apricot marmalade encased in a white chocolate heart.
- Pure – white snowskin mooncake, dark chocolate mousse inflected with 1837 White Tea, and a heart of tangy blackcurrant marmalade and white chocolate.
- Illumination – black snowskin, nutty praline infused with 1837 Black Tea and an oriental burst of glowing orange marmalade in a white chocolate heart.
A set of two mooncakes from TWG Tea paired with the Lotus Jade Tea in the Haute Couture Tea Collection will set you back $95, while a set of four mooncakes is $80.
Patrons can also purchase mooncakes in an individual Lotus Jade Tea Mooncake gift box, which goes for $20.