Juno award-winning singer-songwriter Ruth B. is headlining Surrey’s Tree Lighting Festival this year, it has been announced.
The star, who was named Breakthrough Artist of the Year in 2017, has had huge success online, with her latest single Lost Boy, watched more than 67 million times.
The festival will take place on Saturday, November 25 at City Hall Plaza, and feature a 55-foot Christmas tree, one of the biggest in Canada.
Celebrations will begin at noon, with an expanded holiday market, a free zipline, amusement rides, road hockey, a Canada 150 zone and a DJ.
Entertainment throughout the day will include alt rock band Daysormay, jazz-soul singer Krystle Dos Santos, and more than 20 performers, choirs and children’s entertainers.
You’ll also be able to get your photo taken with Santa, who’ll be making a flying visit from the North Pole for the afternoon.
The festival is free. Surrey Food Bank, Surrey Christmas Bureau, Sophie’s Place and the Surrey Fire Fighters’ Charitable Society will be on site collecting donations.
Surrey Christmas Tree Lighting Festival 2017
When: Saturday, November 25, 2017
Time: Noon to 7 pm (Christmas Tree lighting at 6:30 pm)
Where: Surrey City Hall Plaza – 13450 104 Avenue, Surrey
- It's official: Vancouver's Santa Claus Parade WILL happen this year!
- Vancouver Christmas Market returns to Jack Poole Plaza for 2017
- Canada's largest Chinese Lantern Festival coming to Vancouver this winter
- Enchant Christmas Light Maze in Vancouver cancelled for 2017
- Canada's magical Christmas train confirms it will return to Vancouver this year