FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Looking for ideas for your next adventure? A new TED-style event, celebrating women travellers and adventurers, promises to inspire you to get outside.
She Ventures Vancouver‘s night of talks from female leaders in the outdoors and travel industry will take over the Kabuni store on West Pender next Tuesday, September 20.
Speakers include former Ski Halfpipe World Champion and Canadian Olympian Rosalind Groenewoud, as well as many other leading women:
- Georgina Miranda – Founder of Altitude Seven, a women’s adventure media platform aiming to “change the face” of travel to include badass ladies.
- Jen Gurecki – Founder of Coalition Snow, which designs equipment for female skiers and snowboarders, “putting an end to shrink it and pink it.”
- Rosalind Groenewoud – Freestyle skier, former Ski Halfpipe World Champion, double Winter X games champion, and Canadian Olympian.
- Suzanne Solsona – Founder of MyMayu, which makes quality outdoor gear for kids, so parents can focus on the experience of being in the great outdoors.
- Kate Zessel – Founder of Zessel, which creates designs inspired by her adventures in the West Coast mountains for clients like Lululemon and Patagonia.
There will also be music, drinks, snacks, and a raffle, with prizes from Arc’teryx, MEC, Parks Project, Coalition Snow, MyMayu, Outdoor Research, and Zessel Designs.
Raffle proceeds go to SheJumps, a non-profit organization aimed at increasing the participation of women and girls in outdoor activities.
The first 100 tickets for She Ventures Vancouver are $5; normal admission is $10.
Where: Kabuni – 1378 West Pender Street, Vancouver
When: Tuesday, September 20, from 6 to 8:30 pm
Tickets: Available online, normal admission $10, first 100 tickets $5 each