Besides saving an optimal fireworks viewing spot and enjoying the free concerts, there will be one more reason to head to English Bay early today for the final night of the Honda Celebration of Light.
A spectacular air show by veteran airshow pilots and performers John Mrazek and his son Richard will entertain crowds at the beaches and parks surrounding the bay. They will be flying their Harvard Mark IV and Yakoyley 18T aircrafts, so expect plenty of aerobatic skill, suspense, noise, and trailing smoke.
Mrazek began flying airplanes in 1964 in Czechoslovakia and has been performing in airshows since the early 1980s.
This is their second show at this year’s Celebration of Light, with the first show taking off on Saturday, July 29 before Japan’s fireworks.
Team Canada will conclude this year’s fireworks festival tonight. The air show begins at 7:45 pm while the fireworks start at 10 pm sharp.
Mrazek Airshows at Honda Celebration of Light 2017
When: Saturday, August 5
- Pre-Fireworks Air Show: 7:45 pm
- Team Canada Fireworks: 10 pm
Where: English Bay, Vancouver
- Canada promises 'legendary' fireworks show for final Honda Celebration of Light
- 8 best places to watch the Honda Celebration of Light fireworks
- 3 tips for a fun and safe Honda Celebration of Light on public transit
- 8 Vancouver Pride 2017 events happening around town
- Vancouver Pride Parade 2017 takes to the streets August 6
Daily Hive is a Proud Media Partner of the 2017 Honda Celebration of Light