If the naked body scares you (or offends you for whatever reason) then you should avoid downtown Vancouver for a few hours on Saturday, June 13 because hundreds of cyclists will be riding nude for the annual Vancouver Naked Bike Ride.
Body painting and performances will take place before the ride. A picnic following the ride will be hosted by NIFTY. The ride and all ride activities are free and are on rain or shine!
The event is a celebration of creativity, individuality, and at the same time a protest against car culture and oil spills.
Naked bike riding tips from their Facebook Page:
- Prepare for riding rain or shine
- If it’s sunny, put on sunscreen
- You do not have to be naked to join the ride.
- Wear shoes
- If you’re shy, we start the ride with some clothing on and then stop away from the crowds to get more bare
- Keep your clothes with you — you never know when you may need them (like… after the ride)
- Decorate your bike! Come with signs and funky hats
- Cover your bike seat with fun fur
- Ride safely and stay together as a group
Naked Bike Ride Vancouver 2015
When: Saturday, June 13, 2015
Where: Sunset Beach, Meet from 12 – 2 p.m.