Billy DeCola doesn’t follow the crowd.
The Florida-native started his career as a tattoo artist on the reality tv show NY Ink, but that doesn’t mean his style follows the whims of pop culture. He focuses on traditional Japanese style tattoos, a method he learned when getting his own tattoos done in Japan.
Moving from NY Ink to BC, DeCola has opened his own private shop in Burnaby called Kiku Tattoo Parlour. The shop is in a similar style to the Japanese shop where DeCola got his tattoos, allowing people in by appointment only.
“I really liked the style of it being very quiet and private with no distractions, DeCola says in an interview with Daily Hive. “When somebody comes in the door, I just shut the door, I lock it, and I concentrate on what I’m doing.”
To enter to win, do at least one of the following:
1. Follow Billy DeCola on Instagram – @BillyDeCola. Leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
2. Like Daily Hive Vancouver on Facebook. Leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
3.Tweet the following: (1 entry)
- Win $1000 for your next tattoo from @billydecola via @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/bv6y306ILDu RT to enter! #DH12Days
4. Subscribe to The Weekly Buzz newsletter: (1 entry)
5. Leave a comment below telling us what you’d want to get tattooed. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 11:59 pm PST on December 15, 2016. One winner will be chosen at random, contacted through the platform used to enter, and announced in a post showcasing the winners on December 16. By providing your email address and entering to win, you are agreeing to receive weekly email from Daily Hive. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
Want to enter more 12 Days of Giveaways contests? Click here.