This weekly round-up spotlights Toronto’s newest restaurants and bars, plus incoming establishments that you should be on your radar.
Here are the newest restaurants opening in Toronto right now:
- Away Kitchen + Café at 680 College Street is now open. It’s a sister spot to a new vegan restaurant Awai.
- Barcelona Tavern is newly opened at 109 Atlantic Avenue in Liberty Village.
- Chu Resto, Toronto’s first restaurant for authentic Chinese “hot dry noodles” is now open at 5423 Yonge Street while another location is in the works at 639 Yonge Street.
- Maker Pizza has opened a second Toronto outpost and is in business at 1537 Avenue Road.
- Shunoko is now open at 1201 St. Clair West, it the new spot from the folks behind Sushi Nomi, formerly a Roncesvalles Village favourite.
- Bar Altura a modern Italian restaurant from the team behind Kay Pacha is slated to open this month at 571 Queen Street West.
- Bootleg Smokehouse is coming soon to 64 Spadina Avenue.
- Founder, the people behind TEDX are opening a cocktail bar focused on entrepreneurial spirit at 1282 Dundas Street West.
- Good Hombres, a new taqueria and tortillería from the folks behind Campenchano is opening this May at 374 Bathurst Street.
- iHalo Krunch is moving into a bigger space at 831 Queen West according to NOW – just a few doors down from its current location across from Trinity Bellwoods Park.
- Jollibee’s long-await Mississauga location could be open as early as July!
- Limon Lounge a new upscale Mexican restaurant is slated to open in May at 1089 St. Clair Avenue West.
- Petty Cash, a new west coast snack bar from the folks behind Baro is coming soon to 487 Adelaide Street West.
- Tsujiri is opening its first-ever sit-down restaurant before the month is out. The new spot at 4909 Yonge Street will serve matcha soba noodles, soufflé match pancakes and more.
- Bar Altura: A new spot for modern Italian is opening in Toronto this month
- Jollibee’s Mississauga location expected to open early-July
- Matty Matheson’s Maker Pizza opening second Toronto location tomorrow