Do you like food and hockey? Of course you do. This is Canada.
Do you live in or around Toronto or Montreal? Of course you do. You’re reading Daily Hive.
Well, let’s meet in the middle okay?
Drake Devonshire Inn in Prince Edward County is hosting The Drake Barn Burner Hockey Game: Toronto Vs. Montreal Chefs in February and the event, in celebration of Canada 150, will combine two quintessential Canadian pastimes: ice hockey and great food!
Expect to see top chefs from Toronto and Montreal face off at Essroc Arena (a.k.a Duke Dome), while concessions will be provided by Bar Isabel, DaiLo, Beast, Cheese Boutique, Flock, The Drake and more. Look forward to refreshments from Lot 40 and Moosehead Lager too.
All proceeds from game ticket sales will be donated to Community Food Centres Canada.
Heading up the Toronto Grinders team, Coach Mike Krushelnyski, three-time Stanley Cup winner.
On the Toronto roster:
- Bertrand Alépée, The Tempered Room
- Chris Brown, Citizen Catering
- Ted Corrado, The Drake Hotel
- Jeremy Charles, Raymonds
- Alexandra Feswick, The Drake Hotel
- Carl Heinrich, Richmond Station
- John Horne, Canoe
- Hayden Johnston, Richmond Station
- Jamie Kennedy, Jamie Kennedy Kitchens
- Bruce Leslie, Bruce Leslie Catering
- Nick Liu, DaiLo
- Afrim Pristine, Cheese Boutique
- Cassady Sniatowsky, Nora Gray Restaurant
- Steve Sousa, Momofuku Noodle Bar
- Grant Van Gameren, Bar Isabel
- Cory Vitiello, Flock
- Scott Vivian, Beast
- Brent Maxwell, NAO Steakhouse
Heading up the Montreal Mashers team, Coach Ken Dryden, six-time Stanley Cup winner and NHL Hall of Famer, with Assistant Coach, Dave McMillan of Joe Beef
On the Montreal roster:
- Anthony Benda, Cafe Myriade
- Emma Cardarelli, Nora Gray Restaurant
- Derek Dammann, Restaurant Maison Publique
- Gilles Desrosiers
- Nick Giambattisto, Joe Beef – Liverpool House
- Chuck Hughes, Le Garde-Manger
- Mitch Laughren, Le Bremner
- Theo Lerikos, Tuck Shop
- Steve Leslie, Taverne Monkland
- Paolo Macchi
- Marc-Alexandre Mercier, Hotel Herman
- Chris Merrick, Le Garde-Manger
- Christopher Morgan, Joe Beef – Liverpool House
- Kyle Nares, Le Bremner
- Antonio Park, Park
- Anthony Walsh, Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Yonge & Front
When: February 4, 2 pm tp 5 pm
Where: Essroc Arena, 111 Belleville Street, Wellington, Ontario
Price: Tickets are $20 and include concessions