Ontario Premier Doug Ford will make an announcement today alongside the province’s Minister of Health, Christine Elliott, to give an update on the COVID-19 vaccination rollout.
The update follows the implementation of a province-wide Stay-at-Home order, which went into effect last week.
Ontario reported 4,401 new COVID-19 cases and 15 more deaths on Monday, as cases continue to remain over 4,000.
Last week, Ford said mobile teams would be deployed to hard-hit workplaces and would establish pop-up clinics for people 18 and older living in hot spot postal codes.
Toronto officials explained on Monday, that hot spot appointments would not be bookable online through the Province’s vaccine portal or through the City of Toronto’s website. Officials said it would instead be up to community-based primary care providers, employers, faith leaders, and others to announce details of the pop-up clinics directly to community members.
- What’s open and closed during Ontario’s Stay-at-Home order
- Employees at Toronto operated vaccine clinics test positive for COVID-19
- What you need to know about Ontario’s Stay-at-Home order
On Monday, York Region officials confirmed that the drive-through COVID-19 immunization clinic at Canada’s Wonderland would close temporarily this week due to a lack of vaccine supply.
The site will remain closed until vaccine supply increases, while a clinic at the Georgina Ice Palace has shut down as well, and three other sites have had their hours reduced.
Ford is scheduled to begin his remarks at 1 pm. Along with Elliott, he’ll be joined by Solicitor General Sylvia Jones.