When Toronto turns up the heat and humidity, there’s only one thing to do: go to the Toronto Beer Festival.
There’s simply no better place to quench your thirst this weekend. Here are eight reasons why you should be going to this oasis of beer in the city from July 22 to 24.
1. You’ll have 333 beers to choose from
And three days to get through them all.
2. Sweden is coming and they’ve got 28 beers you’ve probably never tried before
Sample Sweden will be a literal smörgåsbord of Scandinavian food and beer magic. Plus, many of these new Swedish beers aren’t even available in Canada, so this is your chance!
3. Two of Sweden’s best chefs will serve you food
Roland Persson won Chef of the Year in Sweden in 1995, and Peter J Skogström won Chef of the Year in 2006.
4. There are 6 new local craft brewers you’ve got to try
Bobcaygeon Brewing Company, Henderson Brewing Co., Sextant Craft Brewery, Shawn & Ed Brewing Company, Falcon Brewing Company, and Ontario Brewing Award Winner for Newcomer of the Year: Brock Street Brewing.
5. You won’t look stupid if you don’t know anything about beer
Just go to beer school! You can actually learn from some of the top beer sommeliers (yes, that’s a thing) in Ontario.
6. The festival has an official burger
It’s from South St. Burger and it’s exactly what you need.
7. There’s a dedicated grilling tent with 16 of the city’s best chefs and 13 food purveyors
Look out for big names like Amanda Ray, Cory Vitiello, Ivana Raca, Ted Reader, Trevor Lui, and, well, the list goes on.
8. There might be Pokémon there
You don’t need to tell us twice. See you all there!
Toronto’s Festival of Beer 2016
When: Friday, July 22 to Sunday, July 24
Where: Bandshell Park, Exhibition Place
Tickets: Get online
Remember to tag your beers with #dhtofood for your chance to be featured!