Get ready for a warm one, and check out these events today in and around Toronto. For events later this month, check out our monthly event listing.
- What: The Power Plant Contemporary Art Gallery is hosting Power Ball XVIII: Pleasure Principle tonight. Since 1999, Power Ball has become the art gallery’s largest annual fundraiser, which directly supports the non-profit organization’s programming. The evening of indulgence in art exploration, while being serenaded by cocktails and performances, is all for a good cause.
- Where: The Power Plant Contemporary Art Gallery, 231 Queens Quay West
- When: June 2 at 7 p.m for VIP Party, and 9 p.m for Power Ball Party
- What: Taking place in partnership with the AGO and the Inside Out LGBT Film Festival, and guest curator Bruce LaBruce, tonight is the launch of Toronto’s Pride Month!
- Where: AGO, 317 Dundas Street West
- When: June 2 at 7 p.m
- What: The Scarborough Film Festival is an annual six day celebration that showcases local, Canadian and world cinema. The goal of the festival is to bridge Scarborough and central Toronto, while enhancing Scarborough’s cultural scene. The festival starts today and runs through to the 11th.
- Where: Various venues
- When: June 2 to 11
- What: Celebrating its 11th consecutive year of providing Toronto area audiences with the best Latin and world music, Lulaworld is back for 11 days of festivities. Featuring more than 22 acts and 150 musicians, Lulaworld showcases musicians from countries including Cuba, Jamaica, Cameroon, Chile, and Mexico. Performances are free and ticketed.
- Where: Lula Lounge, 1585 Dundas Street West
- When: June 1 to 11
- What: Canadian indie-rockers Yukon Blonde pop by the Mod Club for a concert tonight. End your day with some kick-ass tunes.
- Where: Mod Club, 722 College Street
- When: June 2 at 8 p.m