Videographer/Editor Paid Internship (Vancouver)
Daily Hive is a fast growing Canadian digital publication. We are laser focused in delivering quality hyperlocal & lifestyle content to serve millions of readers & viewers per month across the country. We are redefining the metropolitan media model with relevant, compelling content, pushed through our powerful social channels.
We are currently looking for a creative, talented, and motivated videographer/editor for a paid internship. This role is a unique opportunity to become a crucial contributor to our fast-paced, collaborative team, creating high-quality content for our various platforms.
The ideal candidates will be able to strategically shoot and edit video content to tell compelling and engaging stories for our viewers. They must be able to work quickly, contribute creatively, and deliver videos on a deadline. They should have a keen eye for trending video content and an understanding of social media and audience engagement.
This role is perfect for you if you are:
- Passionate about working in a fast-paced environment
- A strong communicator, and receptive to feedback and direction
- A strategic and creative thinker who can proactively problem solve
- Able to work well under pressure with minimal supervision, and in collaboration with team members
- Experienced in working with various social media platforms
- Research all information required for the videos
- Gather or create footage, sound effects, music, and graphics
- Create edits that tell stories and encourage audience engagement
- Deliver multiple versions of each video, optimized for various social media platforms (eg: Facebook, Instagram, Instagram Stories, YouTube, etc.) on a deadline
- Previous video editing experience, or experience in a video production environment
- Access to a DSLR camera (a must)
- Proficient with Adobe CC (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop)
- Skilled in all areas of video production including shooting, lighting, audio, and directing
- Adept in all areas of video post-production including editing, audio mixing, color grading, and mastering for delivery across all social media platforms. Experience with motion graphics is an asset
- Understanding of all social media platforms and video requirements for each
This position is a paid 3-month internship, starting June 1 or sooner.
Please include links to examples of your film and editing work, such as a demo reel or YouTube/Vimeo channel.
Are you ready to dive in and become part of a fast-paced, growing media company? APPLY HERE!
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted on April 18, 2019. Closing May 17, 2019.