Director of Agency Operations
Who we are
Colony Digital is a full service digital agency that builds brands worth talking about. As a division of Daily Hive, Colony works on a variety of creative projects, including web design, e-commerce, app design, digital marketing, photography, videography, and all things digital.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this is a full-time position based in downtown Vancouver.
Who you are
As the Director of Agency Operations for Colony Digital, you will provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the agency has the proper operational controls, administrative, and reporting procedures in place. All of this is crucial as we continue to effectively grow the agency, and ensure long-term financial strength and operating efficiency.
You will be an inherent part of building the process for all six different departments. You must be a disciplined prioritizer, creative problem solver, and a tenacious implementer. You must be able to autonomously manage different work streams and work with people across the firm, quickly gaining their trust and respect. The right candidate will have a proven ability to simplify complexity and design elegant lightweight solutions that are effective. You must be able to zero-in on the key financial indicators of the business, interpret and then project their movements to support leadership in decision-making.
What you’ll do
- Develop and continuously improve scalable processes (e.g. hiring, resourcing, systems)
- Ensure necessary resources (e.g. office space, people, support functions) are available so the company can operate effectively
- Ensure staff is well informed of current processes and tools
- Ensure margin targets are maintained as revenue grows
- Ensure hiring practices maintain quality of staff and culture
- Liaise with parent company (Daily Hive) to connect Colony Digital with HR, Legal, and IT platforms and ensure they meet the needs of Colony employees and Colony’s business needs
- Oversee all non-ordinary course tasks (e.g. negotiate senior level contracts and client agreements, procurement and vendor negotiations) so company can focus on clients and growth
- Set financial and operational goals and measure against them
- Ensure accounting and operational data is accurate
- Ensure project and retainer scopes of work are set up to meet strategic goals (e.g. profitability or sales)
Who you are
- 5+ years experience in an operations role at a professional services business
- Advertising/Digital agency experience preferred
- Understand the components of client and project profitability and how to support improvement in profitability through effective hiring and staffing
- Solid working knowledge of finance/accounting, budgeting, contract negotiations, business development, and strategic planning
- Results-oriented, organized, and proven ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrated experience directing complex business issues and managing large scale, multi-faceted projects
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff
- Team leader able to foster a collaborative spirit amongst the diverse roles and disciplines that make up the Operations department
The benefits of working with us
- Opportunity: The opportunity here is endless! You’ll have a strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company
- Collaborative environment and the opportunity to be part of a hard-working team that feels more like family than co-workers
- Medical/dental/vision benefits starting after three months
- Conveniently located office in downtown Vancouver near transit hubs
If you meet the above requirements and are ready to dive in and become part of a fast-paced, growing digital agency, APPLY HERE! We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful applicants will be contacted
Colony Digital is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted November 19, 2018