Intermediate UI/UX Designer
Colony Digital, Daily Hive’s creative agency, is looking for a motivated and solutions-driven UI/UX Designer to join the Digital Experience team! Reporting to the Director, Projects Delivery and Strategy, this is an intermediate full-time, permanent position based in Colony’s downtown Vancouver office.
Who We Are
Colony Digital is a full-service creative digital agency that builds brands worth talking about. Colony works on a variety of creative projects, with clients across diverse industries, providing services such as web design and development, branding, digital marketing, photography, video production, and social media management; in short, any and all things digital!
What you’ll be doing
- Working as part of a driven digital experience team to deliver creative brand storytelling and user-centric solutions to advance client strategy
- Collaborating with clients to solve business problems with creative design solutions
- Thinking “outside of the box” and exploring divergent concepts to develop innovative brand experiences
Who you are
- You have experience designing for mobile (native apps and mobile web), desktop, and web.
- You have the ability to generate comprehensive UX wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and interactive prototypes for iOS, Android, and web
- You have the skills to recognize and understand business pain points, needs, and requirements and generate UX and design-driven solutions
- You’re not afraid to push the limits to find solutions that will positively impact product execution and quality
- You know how to present your work effectively, and articulately communicate design rationale to stakeholders
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- 3+ years of applied UI design experience (required)
- Must have a proven background in web and mobile UI design
- Demonstrated understanding of UX design and design-thinking principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent graphic design skills (layout, typography, color)
- Mastery of design and prototyping tools: Sketch, Illustrator, Photos, op, Invision Studio, Craft, Adobe XD, etc.
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Invision, Asana, Trello, Jira, or similar platforms
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
The benefits of working with us
- Opportunity: The opportunity here is endless! You’ll have a strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company
- Collaborative environment and the opportunity to be part of a hard-working team that feels more like family than co-workers
- Opportunity to enrol in the company’s benefits program following the 3 month probation period
Are you ready to dive in and become part of a fast-paced, growing agency? APPLY HERE. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Colony Digital is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: May 6, 2019