Left Side Navigation
Left Side Navigation
Role: Social Media Manager
Type: 1 year maternity leave contract
Who you are
You are a socially savvy individual who loves all things digital. You're an organized individual who is able to oversee multiple social media accounts at once across multiple platforms and switch tasks quickly when needed. You have a strong attention to detail and are usually the first one to spot mistakes. In addition to this, you're great at writing captions and creating engaging, creative content. You're a manager who is a team player and can step in to support your team when needed.
What you'll do
- Responsible for overseeing Daily Hive’s city and channel social media strategy and accounts across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and other emerging social media platforms.
- Manage, mentor, and motivate a team of direct reports who are responsible for carrying out the city and channel social media strategies put forth by the Social Media Manager.
- Stay up to date on new trends in social media and provide ongoing recommendations for new social initiatives and tactics to deliver on social media strategic objectives and goals.
- Define monthly and quarterly social media goals based on key KPIs.
- Actively test and analyze social media initiatives, channels, and features to maximize performance and ensure all channel targets are hit.
- Work with the Hive Labs social team to ensure branded content is consistent with organic posts, providing regular updates to them on any changes to the organic strategy.
- Collaborate with the editorial team to ensure social media channels are an extension of the editorial coverage they provide.
- Work alongside the Director of Audience and Social Media Lead to establish goals and benchmarks for Daily Hive’s social media channels and track regularly using analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Momently, Crowdtangle and Iconosquare.
- Work alongside the Director of Audience and Social Media Lead to formulate and execute marketing initiatives, implementing them from end to end.
- Using analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Momently, Crowdtangle and Iconosquare, create regular social media reports for various stakeholders across the company
- Activate community partnerships on social media
- Support passive revenue initiatives using social media
- Work with Daily Hive’s DEI (Diversity, Equality and Inclusion) committee to introduce and maintain initiatives that work towards all social media channels being inclusive and equal spaces
- Work evenings, holidays and weekends as required
What you have
- You have previous experience managing a small team
- You are highly proficient with the latest version of Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter (required)
- You have experience with TikTok, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube (preferred)
- Previous education and/or coursework in communications or marketing (preferred)
- You have experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop and Premiere Pro (preferred)
- You have previous experience working in a similar position (preferred)
- You have excellent writing skills
- You have a hyperactive eye for detail
- You are extremely savvy for all things social
- You have excellent planning, organization, and time management skills
- You are a self-motivated, team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- You are up-to-date on the newest tools and changes to platforms
While these are responsibilities associated with your position, please note that this job requires you to wear multiple hats.
Benefits of working with us
- Hybrid work environment with the ability to work remotely.
- Flexible work schedule and paid time off.
- 11 mandatory paid days off per year (Flex Days) to allow you to prioritize your health.
- Ability to be part of a fast growing company with a fun team and work culture and opportunities for growth.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted. **Please submit resumes as PDFs**
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, inclusivity and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.