Left Side Navigation
Left Side Navigation
Position: Staff Writer, Branded Content
Manager: Managing Editor, Branded Content
Department: Hive Labs
Location: Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto
Who you are
Daily Hive’s Staff Writer, Branded Content is responsible for creating unique, compelling written content for a millennial audience. You’re a born storyteller who can take a client brief and tease out what makes it relevant to our readers. Reporting to the Managing Editor, Branded Content, you’re a key player in day-to-day content production for Hive Labs, the Company’s in-house branded content studio.
- Brainstorm and present a wide selection of creative ideas for client campaigns.
- Collaborate and work with the Managing Editor, Branded Content regarding all projects.
- Work on multiple campaigns and articles simultaneously.
- Ensure content is original and accurate through copy and fact-checking.
- Amend, revise, and edit content as required based on client feedback.
- Source creative commons and stock imagery to support content creation.
- Conduct necessary research required to produce content, which may include but is not limited to conducting interviews and attending events.
- Examine the performance analytics of campaigns and create case studies as required.
- Meet deadlines, sometimes set for evenings and weekends.
- Maintain a high standard of content creation for all projects.
- Generate ideas for new business brainstorming sessions and prepare concept pitches for the Sales team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- 2-5 years of relevant, online writing experience.
- Samples showcasing your writing within digital news, advertising, features, and more.
- Experience with the use of WordPress or similar web publishing platforms.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
- A high level of accuracy, organization, and creativity while maintaining close attention to detail.
- A large reference pool of knowledge about local culture, pop culture, and a variety of topics as diverse as our client base.
- Organizational and time management skills — ability to perform in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills — comfortable interviewing clients remotely or in person.
- Interest in writing and editing content for clients across a broad range of industries.
Benefits of working with us
- Hybrid work environment with the ability to work remotely.
- Flexible work schedule and paid time off.
- 12 mandatory paid days off per year (Flex Days) to allow you to prioritize your health.
- Full benefits package (medical, vision, dental and extended health) starting after three months.
- Ability to be part of a fast growing company with a fun team and work culture and opportunities for growth.
If you are interested in joining our fast-growing company, apply here! We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted when there is an open position.
Please submit your resume as a PDF.
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.