Daily Hive has an opportunity for a creative and ambitious individual to join our Editorial Department in Vancouver, full-time as a Staff Writer, focusing on food. Reporting to the Western Canada Dished Editor, you will work with our Editorial Department and be a key player in the day-to-day content production for our network.
The Staff Writer is responsible for creating content that is compelling, concise, and relevant to our audience. An ideal candidate should have extensive knowledge of the Vancouver food scene and have superb writing and creative skills.
What we are looking for
- Previous newsroom experience—or, if coming from a non-journalistic background, the demonstrated ability to write for a general audience
- Proven ability to write quickly on tight deadlines
- Passion for local restaurants, bars, and food culture
- An avid and adventurous eater who can predict and explore new dining trends
- Basic photography and/or video skills are a bonus
- Intermediate knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics
- Flexibility to attend events and willingness to travel when needed
What you get to do
- Report and write content that is fresh, innovative, on-brand, and unique while still maintaining credibility as a news person and find ways to tell those stories effectively on multiple platforms, with a special emphasis on social media storytelling and writing
- Pitch feasible stories on a daily basis and take assignments from your editor
- Ensure articles written follow company guidelines and are ready for publication
- Conduct necessary research required to produce content, which may include but is not limited to conducting interviews and attending events
- Compile and be responsible for the weekly Dished newsletter
- Create content for stories, Instagram, and TikTok for Vancouver and other cities when needed
- Be comfortable using social media and stay up to date with social media best practices, developing trends, and industry/competitor activity
- Attend events/tastings on behalf of the Company during work hours, on evenings, and sometimes weekends
- Be a team player who can have fun even while working hard
- Other tasks as assigned by your manager
The benefits of working with us
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits starting after three months
- Collaborative environment and the opportunity to be part of a hard-working team that feels more like family than co-workers
- Strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company.
Are you ready to dive in and become part of a fast-paced, growing media company? APPLY HERE. We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted.
**Please update resume as a PDF file**
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, inclusivity and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.