Work with us
Position: Social Video Creator
Location: Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Calgary or Edmonton
About the role
You are a socially savvy individual who knows their way around platforms such as Instagram and Tik Tok, among others. Infact, you probably spend more time on those apps than you'd like to admit! So, if making Tik Toks and Reels are something that you do for fun in your regular day to day, then this is could be the role for you. You know what works and what doesn't work, you're up to date on all the newest Tik Tok trends and are capable of producing engaging content. You're also not afraid of being infront of the camera. Most importantly, you're a team player who can think outside of the box and and bring new ideas to the table.
- Create 4-7 short-form videos on a daily basis, using sourced footage or content that you capture, optimized for various social media platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, YouTube Shorts etc for various Daily Hive accounts
- Create a shareable narrative using text on screen and graphics in the voice and style of Daily Hive
- Ensure videos are optimized for social media platforms by using strategic thumbnails and copy
- Generate and pitch video ideas using internal analytics tools and facilitating ideation sessions
- Work in collaboration with Editorial and Social teams to build traffic-driving content strategies
- Work with the rest of the video team to produce timely video content that is engaging to our audience
- Work with the Coordinating Producer to develop a video content calendar and work with the Social and Editorial team to ensure videos are aligned with editorial content, holidays and any major events and that there is a consistent flow of video content on the channels
- Act as a video host and create talking head videos when needed
- Use the fail-fast method to rapidly test content with our audiences to find what resonates best
- Be a team player and have fun while working!
What you have
- Proven experience with creating and editing video content specifically for social media with an in-depth understanding of platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- In depth understanding of social media platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube and Facebook
- Great communication skills and ability to give and receive critical feedback
- Ability to write clean, engaging copy
- Proficient with Adobe CC (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop) or equivalent
- Proficient in areas of video production including shooting, lighting, audio
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and succeed in a fast paced and data informed environment
- Willingness to work unconventional hours, evenings and weekends as applicable
Benefits of working with us
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits starting after three months.
- Flexible work environment and vacation time.
- Strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company.
- Be part of a relaxed (but hard-working) team that feels more like family than co-workers.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted.
**Please submit resumes as a PDF**
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, inclusion and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.