Work with us
Role: Junior Accountant
Location: Vancouver (currently remote due to COVID-19)
What you'll do
- Cash: Perform the bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Accounts Receivable: oversee and manage the entire AR process, from issuing invoices, following up with any outstanding receivables, report on the status and movement of AR to management weekly, and recording payments received (cheque, EFT and credit card receipts).
- Accounts Payable: Record all payables including approved employee expenses, invoices, freelancer, etc. as well as issue related payments.
- Assist with month-end closings including account analysis, account reconciliations, and preparation of key continuity schedules, etc.
- Assist with preparing the supporting working papers for the review engagement.
- Post and process manual journal entries as required to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement on current processes and help implement recommendations to automate and reduce manual error.
- Other project work as it arises.
- Administrative tasks as required.
What you have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- One year of hands-on experience in accounting or accounts receivable is preferred.
- Working knowledge of financial reporting software (Sage 50) preferred.
- Working knowledge of Customer Relationship Management tools (i.e. Salesforce) is preferred.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Process oriented and continually looking for better solutions.
- Able to adapt to various situations in a fast paced environment.
Benefits of working with us
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits starting after three months.
- Flexible work environment and vacation time.
- Strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company.
- Be part of a relaxed (but hard-working) team that feels more like family than co-workers.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted. **Please submit resumes as PDFs**
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, inclusivity and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.