Work with us
Colony Digital is looking for an ambitious Senior Accountant for a three month contract to manage and support the financial backbone of our organization. You’re a bean counter, a lover of numbers and a driven person who is looking to gain some valuable work experience. In this role, you’ll have the exciting task of preparing financial statements, recording transactions and reporting. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
**Note - this is a part time role (~20 hours a week) for three months
Position: Senior Accountant
Manage full-cycle financial reporting process and maintain accurate and timely financial statements in line with the established schedule.
Month End Close & Reporting
- Post and process manual journal entries as required to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- Review all intercompany transactions and generate invoices/ adjustments as necessary.
- Review ledgers for unusual transactions or mis-allocated items.
- Make adjustments as necessary, through consultation with the Director of Finance.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Perform bank reconciliations to ensure records align between the accounting system and the bank.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues.
- Participate in the budget and goal setting process.
- Perform sales and gross margin analysis.
- Assist departments with changes to plans and budgets and strategic decisions.
Cash Flow Management / Analysis
- Record daily cheque, EFT and credit card receipts.
- Manage and analyze credit card spend.
- Complete bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Record and deposit any cheques received.
- Provide regular updates to Management on the cash position of the company.
Sales / AR
- Perform AR aging analysis.
- Communicate with clients about billing discrepancies and questions.
- Report on the status and movement of AR to management weekly.
- Follow up on outstanding receivables
- Review and prepare sales contracts / agreements.
- Calculate and review sales commissions
Expenses / AP
- Record all approved employee expenses, invoices, freelancer, etc. payments.
- Prepare and issue payroll..
- Issue cheques and payments.
Tax / Compliance
- File and pay GST/PST return.
- Ensure appropriate insurance and business taxes are calculated appropriately and paid in a timely manner.
Miscellaneous / Ad Hoc
- Prime the annual review engagement.
- Prepare insurance documents.
- Review and advise on treatment of transactions.
- Research technical accounting issues to ensure the company is compliant.
- Research tax credits that could be claimed.
- Identify errors and suggest improvements and workflow efficiencies to create cost and time savings across the company.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Work with teams on price setting and margin analysis.
- Other project work as it arises.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA designated or in the process of obtaining designation
- 3+ years of progressive working experience in Accounting.
- Working knowledge of financial reporting software (Sage preferred).
- Self-starter who requires minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Effective verbal, written and client management skills
- Quick learner
Are you ready to dive in and become part of a fast-paced, growing agency? APPLY HERE. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Colony Digital is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.