Work with us
Role: Senior Staff Writer
Manager: City Editor
- Investigate and report news stories around the city, sometimes breaking at any moment and time.
- Publish posts ranging from breaking news stories to federal politics to development to more simple photo/video posts.
- Conduct necessary research required to produce content, which may include but is not limited to conducting interviews and attending events
- Maintain a long-term editorial calendar that details articles, columns, editorials, photography and art needs.
- Build and maintain a roster of quality contributors with strategic networks, acquiring through various means.
- Manage social media channels for the purpose of driving traffic to the website and creating conversation.
- Liaise with internal departments on the development of series and features.
- Attend editorial team meetings and pitch feasible story ideas.
- Contribute to the conversation about culture in Toronto.
- Work with a driven and highly motivated team to support overall editorial operations.
- Increase credibility of the company through quality, trustworthy, and ethical work.
- Embrace and encourage a culture based on teamwork, creativity, and having fun.
- Minimum 4 years experience writing for a publication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics
- Proficiency in the use of WordPress or other CMS
- Excellent understanding of social media and its importance to journalism
- Skilled with graphic design, photography, and photo editing is an asset
Benefits of working with us
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits starting after three months.
- Flexible work environment and vacation time.
- Strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company.
- Be part of a relaxed (but hard-working) team that feels more like family than co-workers.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted.
**Please submit resumes as a PDF**
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, inclusion and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.